Oh snap. You pulled your groin.
A buddy of mine is battling a groin pull. As hard as it is, you need to rest your groin. That’s the only way it will heal.
I pulled both my hammies last year and was fortunate enough that my gym, 220 Fitness in Santa Monica, had Krankcycle. Some gyms in Manhattan and around the country have them. Check out this link:http://www.krankcycle.com/where2krank.html. It’s spinning for your upper body. The exercise is a little monotonous, but throw some headphones in and it’s pretty good for 2-3 days a week. Off your legs completely, and that’s what you need.
Other than that, train the largest muscle groups you can while trying to be explosive and avoiding working your groin. Some exercises are below:
- rope slams (ignites your whole body and leaves you gassed)
- rope pull-throughs (loop a rope around a cement post or some other sturdy cylinder attached to the ground and pull it through)
- medicine ball throws off the wall (wall ball)
- medicine ball or sand bell slams
- plank and plank-to-pushups
- kettlebell or sandbag shoulder presses
- kettlebell or sandbag upright rows
- Dumbbell front and side shoulder raises
- Sandbag or Kettlebell bent-over rows
- Press a sandbag over your head and walk 100 yards or on a treadmill
- Grip strength (farmer carries and the like)